6 Nutrition Secrets for Weight Loss
I recently spoke with 2 weight loss success stories. Both of these guys have made amazing progress, but do you know what is holding them back from losing that last 10 pounds and building their best body ever?
It might even be the same problem that you have. Whether it's not enough time to prepare all your meals each day, or whether its just something you know you need to improve, nutrition can be the biggest obstacle to your fat loss goals.
But all is not lost.
While some clients struggle with diet, there are some success stories. And here are their secrets.
One of my top success stories used to drink 2 liters (that's 8 cups) of soda per day. Plus, he lived in a frat house where they once had a month long hot dog eating contest. It was no wonder he gained a little body fat during college.
But after reading John Berardi's nutrition tips, something clicked. He realized the secret was to take a little time each night to prepare tomorrow's meals, and he'd be set (in addition to eliminating the soda).
So here's what he does:
1) He buys a lot of fresh produce from the grocery store. And takes the time to go at least twice per week to the grocery store to get the fresh produce.
You have to make the effort to go out and get good produce, and then while you are on a roll, cut up a week's worth of vegetables and store them in your fridge.
2) Then he grills, bakes, or BBQ's chicken, salmon, and other lean protein sources that he then adds the protein to the gourmet salads that he prepares from his fresh vegetables and spinach leaves.
That makes his meals very nutritionally dense, low in total calories, high in appetite suppressing fiber, and full of lean protein sources to support muscle growth, a fast metabolism and a controlled appetite.
3) He snacks on almonds. Raw almonds, not the ones that are roasted in hydrogenated oils and smothered in salt. Research shows that almonds help in weight loss, help to control cholesterol, and contain healthy fats, fiber and protein.
4) He starts his day with protein (a special omellette recipe from Berardi's cookbook) and oatmeal.
5) He replaced soda with Green Tea and water.
6) He follows Berardi's 90-10 rule. If you are nutritionally perfect 90% of the time, then you won't have to worry about the 10% of the time when you have some pizza, or other foods that otherwise would get in the way of your fat loss efforts.
So take some time at the beginning of this week to do a major grocery shopping trip and then spend 30 minutes preparing some fresh produce and fat loss meals for the rest of your week.
Helping you avoid nutritional roadblocks!
Craig Ballantyne is a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist and writes for Men's Health, Men's Fitness, Maximum Fitness, Muscle and Fitness Hers, and Oxygen magazines. His trademarked Turbulence Training fat loss workouts have been featured multiple times in Mens Fitness and Maximum Fitness magazines and all over the Internet, and have helped thousands of men and women around the world lose fat, gain muscle, and get lean in less than 45 minutes three times per week. For more information on the Turbulence Training workouts that will help you burn fat without long, slow cardio sessions or fancy equipment, visit http://www.TurbulenceTraining.com.